The Top 20 extraordinary minds within sales, marketing and technology in Europe’s travel and hospitality industry were named at the HSMAI Europe Awards at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in London on Tuesday 4 February.
The 2014 Top 20 recipients are judged by a panel of senior executives for their recent work, based on the following criteria: creativity and innovation; cutting edge sales, marketing, revenue and technology campaigns; achievement in challenging situations; and sales efforts that resulted in significant gains.
“The Top 20 will become our annual hot list, that celebrates the sales, marketing and technology leaders and innovators in our industry,” says Ingunn Hofseth, president of HSMAI Europe, continuing:
“The creative strategies, passionate dedication and sharp intelligence of these professionals have not only grown the business within their organisations but have also truly raised the bar for the hospitality industry as a whole.”
Jens Thraenhart, founder of Digital Innovation Asia and co-founder of Dragon Trail Interactive is honored to be one of the Top 20. Originally from Germany, Mr. Thraenhart has worked in Europe, North America, and is currently based in Bangkok, Thailand, after almost five years in Beijing, China.
“The judging of TOP 20 list of extraordinary minds is difficult, because there were so many factors to consider and attend to, not to mention many excellent candidates. We were looking for the extraordinary persons that have created a significant result for the company, but also created an example for everyone to live up to. I admire these individuals and what they have achieved” says chairman of the jury, professor dr. Bård Tronvoll.
The Top 20 include:
- David Doctor | Vice President Western Europe, Middle East and Africa | Amadeus IT Group | Madrid Area, Spain
- Niklas Andréen | Group Vice President and Managing Director – Global Hospitality, Car & Partner Marketing | Travelport | Stockholm, Sweden
- Jens Thraenhart | Co-Founder, Dragon Trail & TripShow.com | Founder, Digital Innovation Asia (DIA) | Germany
- Eivind Roald | Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing | SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) | Oslo Area, Norway
- Christopher E. Bates, CRME | COO, Hall St. | Owner of Enrich Revenue | Barcelona Area, Spain
- Frederic Savoye | Regional Director of Revenue Western & Southern Europe | Hilton Worldwide | Barcelona Area, Spain
- Suzie Wotton | Vice President of Marketing | Red Carnation Hotels | London, United Kingdom
- Brannon Winn | VP Business Development – EMEA | Sabre Hospitality Solutions | The Netherlands
- Sally Beck | Hotel Manage | Lancaster London hotel | London, United Kingdom
- Reto Gurtner | Chairman/CEO | Weisse Arena Gruppe | Saint Gallen Area, Switzerland
- Dr Des O’Mahony | Founder & Ceo | Bookassist.com Ireland (Head Office) | Ireland
- Siri Løining Kolderup | Head of Communications | The Thief | Oslo, Norway
- Jeff Karlson | Group Vice President | Passkey | London, United Kingdom
- Alex Muttscheller | Director of Distribution and Data Management | Kempinski Hotels | Switzerland
- Francis Bertrand | Vice President Ventes Internationales | Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts | France
- Chris Cooper | Group Director of Revenue | Rocco Forte Hotels | London
- Carl Oldsberg | VP Revenue & Distribution | Nordic Hoice Hotels | Sweden
- Thomas Bieger | Prof. Dr. President | Professor of Management with special focus on the Tourist Industry | Switzerland
- Matthew Pancaldi | Director of Sales Europe & Asia | HRG | United Kingdom
- Erik Munoz | Executive Director Strategic Sales & Global Partnership | SiteMinder | London, United Kingdom